Last Saturday was a gloomy day, met with an equally lethargic mood by this concert fan. Somehow, however, I mustered up the energy to go to a heavy metal concert in DC, and boy was I glad I did! Throwdown Syndicate put on a great show, loud enough to wake even Rip Van Winkle. I don’t think there was a bob-less head in the house - ferocious guitar riffs hammered out by James Reeves bass line and screams by Luis Trigueros and of course the all important rapid drum line, courtesy of Andy Och. Check them out if you are looking for a very talented local metal group in DC!
One of the surprise highlights of the night was the retro sound of “New Retro.” With their ability to strum out vintage sounding riffs and Aubrey Ché Adams big presence making the room sing and dance with emotion, the catchy hook of “Out of Sight Out of Mind” phrase on repeat, building up to what can only be called controlled yelling in perfect pitch. So jam out and get your groove on and funk out with New Retro.
No comments:
Post a Comment